Student visas

Practice Areas

Citizenship and NaturalizationCitizenship and Naturalization
Residence or Green CardResidence or Green Card
Family-Based PetitionFamily-Based Petition
Employment-Based PetitionsEmployment-Based Petitions
Labor certification an national interest waiverLabor certification and national interest waiver
Cuban Adjustment LawCuban Adjustment Law
Temporary Protected Status (TPS)Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
Adjustment of StatusAdjustment of Status
Work permitWork permit
Nonimmigrant VisasNonimmigrant Visas
Business visas (E1- E2 – L1) and derivativesBusiness visas (E1- E2 – L1)
Student visasStudent visas
Change of StatusChange of Status

This type of visa (F1) is aimed at foreigners who do not seek to emigrate and who want to be full-time students and who wish to carry out studies in officially approved colleges, academies, conservatories, seminaries or universities within the United States. Also in any type of language training or learning.

The F1 visa allows the spouse of the F1 visa beneficiary to also travel to the United States but will not be able to attend school or work. If there are unmarried minor children, they can travel and can attend school up to level 12.

There is another variant called M1 that differs from the previous one in the object of study, which may be non-academic vocational professions, but language learning is excluded, that is, it is oriented towards professions that are learned in non-academic institutions.

Those interested must acquire a Certificate of Eligibility from the institution where they will carry out their studies.

Additionally, it cannot be applied to public primary schools or adult institutes that depend on public funds.